My Blog List

XML Error messages in changing template

“Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure all XML elements are closed properly. XML error message: The document type declaration for root element type "html" must end with '>' ."
I have tried to change my template months ago and the error message above was occured, it was so strange because I checked it many times and there was no error regarding of codes, I was copying the code from my desired template and paste it to my website template, but here's what I discovered; I have tried not to copy paste the code, I directly browse and upload the template. To replace template from current to new, just do the following:

1. Backup your current template, save it to computer drive, you can do that by clicking the download full template from the EDIT HTML page, located above on the page
2. Download or save your desired new template anywhere on your computer disk
3. Click the browse located at your EDIT HTML page then locate the file of the desired template that you have just saved from your computer then click upload, make sure that the file you have click is in XML Document. Mostly when we download or save a template it is in the folder so all you have to do is to separate the xml document file or pick that xml document from the files in the folder otherwise you will be having an error code. I hope it could help!

1 Comentário:

vhingF said...

thanks....I got it..